Our Disney Side @ Home Celebration Party 2015 - Part 2 #DisneySide

Thursday, February 26, 2015

DISCLOSURE: I received free products from Disney Parks and MomSelect in order to host a Disney Side @ Home Celebration Party. All opinions are my own.

Earlier this month, we had the opportunity to host a Disney Side @ Home Celebration Party. My family and I love Disney and we had a great time showing our Disney Side. If you haven't already, please check out Part 1 of my party recap. You can read about all the planning that went into the party and how we decorated.

I didn't really figure out what I was going to wear for the party, until literally right before guests were supposed to arrive. I had originally planned on just putting on one of my Disney T-shirts and a Minnie Mouse headband that I had gotten from Disney World this past fall.

Then, I thought it would be cool to make my own Minnie Mouse ears. I really liked the ones my daughter had gotten from Disney World (though, sadly, she lost them at Hollywood Studios).

I wanted to make ears that were nicer than the ones I had made for my Disney Side party last year. I used a thicker headband this time. For the ears, I sewed two pieces of felt together and stuffed them with felt and batting. I also attached a clip-on feather to make it look nicer and to hide my messy glue! It came out really cute. (I can post a tutorial if anyone is interested.)


But, in the end, I ended up Disney Bounding with my husband! We've never really done it before, but we were going to be showing Big Hero 6 at the party and I thought it would be fun to dress up as a couple of the characters. He dressed up as Hiro and I tried my best to be Gogo. I didn't have the leggings and shorts, so I just wore black pants. No leather jacket either, but I did have a short cardigan.


Since our party was scheduled for 4 pm, I knew our guests would be expecting more than just a few Disney-themed treats. They would want real food. It was dinner time! So, we had macaroni and cheese, Filipino noodles, eggrolls, salad, shrimp cocktail, asparagus, ham, and an assortment of meats and cheeses.


I didn't have time to make a cake in the Mickey Mouse pan that came in our kit. So, instead we used it to hold our fruit platter. My husband tried to make it look somewhat like Mickey.


I did make Mickey Mouse cupcakes. I made chocolate chip cupcakes with buttercream icing and topped them with Mini Oreos and Mickey sprinkles.



Using the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce included in the party kit, we made a yummy Teriyaki Chicken. Everyone thought it was really good!


For favors, I made Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats. You can see how to make your own here.


We also made a pitcher of one of my favorite drinks at Walt Disney World: Jungle Juice. We usually have it at Tusker House Restaurant in Animal Kingdom. It's a mix of passion fruit, orange and guava juice and it's so good!



We had a lot of activities planned for the party, so I made a schedule.  Though, of course, nothing went as planned!


For one thing, everyone was late and so the party didn't start till after 5. Some people who we were expecting to come never showed up! But, we had fun nonetheless.

After everyone ate, we started playing games. We started with Pin The Smile On Mickey.  I didn't have anything to blindfold the kids with, so I ended up covering their eyes with my hand while I spun them around.

 The winners and their prizes!


Next up was Disney Trivia! The party package included a set of Disney trivia questions. A lot of the questions were hard for everyone but my family. My kids knew almost all the answers!


 


 My kids were answering all the questions, so they ended up winning prizes for others.


Then, we played the Disney Quote and Attraction Match-Up game. You can download it here from the Disney Side Celebrations website. Because the answers were printed right on the sheet at the bottom of the page, I cut that off before passing the sheets out.   My husband won the game!


Next, we did the Disney Character Word Search. The kids really wanted to do it. But, it ended up being really hard! It took everyone FOREVER to finish. By the time we were done, we ran out of time and didn't get to play Disney Bingo or complete our Tree of Life Family Trees.



We did, though, have fun playing with the Photo Booth that we set up for the party. (See my post here to read about how I made the props and set the photo booth up.) The kids took this cute group picture at the beginning of the party.


While the kids watched Big Hero 6 (we bought a digital copy to show since it hadn't been released on DVD yet at the time), the others took more pictures with the photo booth.

Watching Big Hero 6

Even though we didn't get to do everything I had planned, we still had an awesome time showing our Disney Side!

How do you show your Disney Side? Check out www.disneysidecelebrations.com for ideas on how to host your own Disney Side @ Home Celebration party!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!