Show Your Disney Side With A Fun Photo Booth! #DisneySide

Saturday, February 21, 2015

DISCLOSURE: I received free products from Disney Parks and MomSelect to host a Disney Side @Home Celebration Party. All opinions are my own.


Earlier this month, we hosted a Disney Side @Home Celebration party. It was a fun way to share our love for all things Disney with our friends and family. One activity that we did during our party was to have a photo booth where guests could use props and take pictures of themselves.

Originally, I had planned on just ordering a set of props from Etsy and calling it a day. But, I really didn't want to spend the money and figured I could make my own for less money. I did a search on Google, but didn't really see many sites that had templates that I could use. I don't have a color printer, so I was looking for sites with printable templates that I could trace on to cardstock and foam.

I did find the 4 The Love of Family site and she had some great templates for Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Mickey Hands, and a Mickey Ice Cream Bar.


To make the photo props, I printed the above templates on cardstock and then traced them on to the colored pieces of foam.  For the smaller set of Mickey ears, I printed the template in Portrait instead of Landscape. I thought it would be cute for the younger guests.

I used a Sharpie to draw in the details on the Mickey glove. To attach the bow on the Minnie Head, I used a bunch of Glue Dots. Then, I used a glue gun to stick the bamboo skewers on the back of the photo props.


For the Goofy hat, I didn't have a template. I drew one on cardstock and then traced it on to green foam. I cut the black band out of foam and used Glue Dots to stick it to the hat.

For the Mickey Sorceror's Hat, I printed out this template for the moon and stars and cut them out of white foam. I cut a triangle shape out of blue foam and put the moon and stars on, cutting the stars to fit. I then cut the bottom of the hat out of more blue foam and attached it to the hat with Glue Dots.

I didn't make a printable template for the Sorceror's Hat or Goofy hat, but if there's enough people asking for one in the comments, I can trace them and scan them.


For the Mickey Ice Cream Bar, I used the template from the 4 The Love of Disney site. I cut two of the brown, so I could stick them together. I cut two out of the white so I could put it on both sides. I put the giant popsicle stick from Michaels and put it in between the two pieces of brown.

Since my in-laws are huge Lewis Carroll fans, I made a Mad Hatter photo prop for them. I didn't have a template to use, but drew one after looking at pictures. Again, if you want a printable, leave me a comment below. I used two shades of green foam and I drew the 10/6 on white foam.

We bought Big Hero 6 from Amazon Prime so we could show it during our Disney Side party. It hasn't been released yet on DVD, but no one had seen it yet and I thought it would be good to show during the party. I thought it would be cute to make a Baymax photo prop. Again, no template, but it's super easy. I just drew an oval and cut it out of white foam. I probably could have made it bigger. I then used a Sharpie to draw Baymax's eyes and mouth.


I bought an inexpensive vase (I think it was $3) from Michaels to hold the photo props and tied a Mickey ribbon (bought from the fabric store) around it. I used some crinkly paper at the bottom of the vase so the photo props could sit up higher.


For the background, I used a Mickey Mouse tablecloth (can be bought at any party store). I used push pins at the top to stick it to the wall, though it probably would have stuck without the push pins because of static!

The photo booth was a lot of fun and we got a lot of nice pictures!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!