Fisher Price Ultimate Playdate - Round 2 #RSVPPlaydate

Wednesday, November 26, 2014


DISCLOSURE: I received free products from Vocalpoint in order to host a Fisher Price Ultimate Playdate.  All opinions are my own.

After having so much fun hosting the first round of Fisher Price Ultimate Playdates back in September, I was so excited to be chosen again to host a party for the second round!  Hosts were again sent two toys to review, as well as some fun party supplies.

This time I received:
  • Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair
  • Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Grey Laptop
  • T-shirts
  • Certificates
  • Gift bags
  • Coupons
  • Photo booth props
  • Napkins
  • $10 Target gift card
  • Information sheet

I was a little disappointed in receiving another Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair, since I had already received one with the last RSVP Playdate.  I contemplated not even opening it and just giving it away.  But, I remembered during the last playdate, the kids were kind of fighting over who got to sit in the chair.   So, I figured it would be nice to have both chairs out.

I, again, invited my sister and her now 15-month-old.  Since she lives so far away, it's nice to have an excuse to get together.  I also invited my brother and his two-year-old and my old college roommate and her 11-month-old.  Because of my work schedule, I really only had two dates that I could hold the playdate.  Luckily, they were all free to come on one of those days.

The toys included in the party kit feature Fisher Price's Smart Stages.  This technology allows the learning content to change as baby grows.   Smart Stages feature three levels of play:
  • Level 1 - Explore - 12+ months.  First words and sounds spark baby's curiosity.
  • Level 2 - Encourage - 18+ months.  Prompt baby through questions and simple directions.
  • Level 3 - Pretend - 24+ months.  Imaginative fun and early role play.

The Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair features:
  • 50+ sing-along songs, tunes & phrases
  • Enter baby's age for automatic Smart Stages level changes or manually change levels with the switch
  • Seat activates songs & phrases when baby sits & stands
  • Busy activities include an illustrated flip-book & light-up remote control with buttons to press
  • Lift the seat cushion for fun surprises
  • Teaches first words, numbers, shapes, colors and more
  • Recommended for ages 12+ months
  • Retails for $40 
It was fairly easy to put together.  Even faster with this one, since I had already put one together before. You just have to remember to put the batteries in first before screwing the legs on.  My younger kids were pretty excited to each have a chair to sit on.


The Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Laptop features:
  • 30+ sing-along songs, tunes and phrases
  • 3 levels of play offer fresh songs, phrases and sounds for your little one's age and stage
  • Manual switch for Smart Stages level changes
  • Nine keys to press and a toggle space bar
  • Sing-along songs and phrases reward baby's actions
  • Open and close to hear opposites
  • LED screen displays fun images and patterns
  • Sleek design and slim handle for on-the-go play
  • No cords, no plugs, no hassle
  • Teaches letters, numbers, colors and more
  • Retails for about $20

I set up the playdate in the living room.  I used some of the included cut outs to decorate a little area for the photo booth props and the gift bags.  I covered our TV stand with a beach blanket and used additional cut outs to decorate it.



I put together little goody bags for guests using the provided bags.  Each guest received a little certificate, a cute T-shirt and coupons to use to buy their own Laugh & Learn toys.


The playdate was set to start around brunch time, so I set out some fruit and muffins.  I also had some chips and salsa and applesauce pouches.


A little before the playdate was set to begin, I got a text from my friend saying they weren't going to be able to come.  Her son wasn't feeling well and she didn't want any of the other kids getting sick.  I then text my sister and brother to make sure they were still coming.  Of course, my brother text back saying he made alternate plans!  And my sister, after learning that no one else was coming, decided she didn't want to drive the hour and a half.  So, the playdate ended up just being my kids.  Luckily, with four of them, it can still be a party!



My daughter really liked the Laugh & Learn Laptop.  In general, she loves pressing buttons.  If I leave my phone or laptop where she can get it, she'll start pressing all the buttons.  She likes the songs and the fact that she can carry it around with her.




A few days after the playdate, my Dad had some complications after his surgery to remove a cancerous tumor.  My sister and her family met up with us at the hospital.   While we were there, I gave her the extra Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair and a goody bag for her daughter.


It's been a few weeks now since the playdate.  My daughter still plays with the chair and the laptop.  We even brought it along on our road trip down to Disney World.  It gave her something to do on the long drive down.

Thanks to Vocalpoint and Fisher Price for another fun playdate!
Features
• 30+ sing-along songs, tunes & phrases
• Includes Smart Stages™ technology – learning content changes as baby grows
• Three levels of play offer fresh songs, phrases & sounds for your little one’s age & stage
• Manual switch for Smart Stages™ level changes
• Nine keys to press & a toggle space bar
• Sing-along songs & phrases reward baby’s actions
• Open & close to hear opposites
• LED screen displays fun images & patterns
• Sleek design & slim handle for on-the-go play
• No cords, no plugs, no hassle
• Teaches letters, numbers, colors & more - See more at: http://www.fisher-price.com/en_us/brands/laugh-and-learn/products/Laugh-and-Learn-Smart-Stages-LaptopBlue#sthash.ILRNLpjm.dpuf

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!