DIY Halloween Wreath

Wednesday, October 22, 2014


It's a little more than a week before Halloween but I'm just getting started decorating.  I've had a Mickey wreath hanging on our front door ever since we threw a #DisneySide @Home Celebration party this past winter.


I thought it was time for a change, so I decided to turn it into a Halloween wreath.  It already had the black tulle.  I figured I could take the red tulle off and replace it with orange tulle and maybe add some spiders on it.

What You Need:
The Mickey wreath after I took the paper Mickeys off
Instructions:

 1.  I started by taking off all the red tulle and leaving just the black.


2.  Next, I cut strips of orange tulle, about 25" long.  (I used one of the red ones from the Mickey wreath as a template.)


3.  I folded the strip in half and placed it underneath the wreath with the loop on the outside of the wreath.


4.  I put the loose ends through the loop and pulled to tighten.


5. I repeated the process, using two strips of orange between each set of two strips of black tulle.


6.  I fluffed the tulle and added the spider rings by wrapping the ring around a strip of the tulle.


It's a pretty easy decoration to make and kids can help, too! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!