The Happy's Playdate MommyParty #TheHappys

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DISCLOSURE:  I received free products from MomSelect in order to host the Cepia, LLC sponsored MommyParty.  No further compensation was provided.  The opinions expressed here are my own.

Right now, we don't have any pets in the house.  My kids are scared of dogs and cats.  But, they LOVE The Happy's!  They're the new toys to come from the makers of Zhu Zhu Pets!  They're motorized pets that really play with you.

Recently, we were selected to host a playdate with The Happy's.  Cepia, LLC and MomSelect sent over an awesome party kit that included:
  • Four The Happy's pets, each featuring an Interactive Happy Treat
  • One The Happy's Chase and Play Ball
  • 12 AAA Rayovac batteries
  • Three bags of Werther's Original Caramel Popcorn
  • Headbands
  • Construction paper
  • Glue sticks
  • Themed activities and recipes

We decided to hold our party at the same time as my son's birthday party, which we held on Easter.  Three parties in one! My kids were so excited to play with The Happy's!  We had previously won two of The Happy's pets from a contest and so my kids were looking forward to having all the pets play together!

In addition to the Werther's Caramel Popcorn that was included in the kit, we also had a pretty big spread.  We had macaroni and cheese, potato salad, bacon-wrapped scallops, hot dogs, egg rolls, Filipino noodles, fresh fruit, and of course, the Easter ham!  I also made some cupcakes, egg-shaped Rice Krispy Treats, Cadbury Egg Blondies and birthday cake!


The party kit included materials to make pet ears out of headbands and construction paper.  I've made Mickey Mouse ears with cardstock and plastic headbands in the past (see my Disney Side party post), but they didn't hold up very well.  So, instead of using the provided construction paper, I bought felt and a glue gun.  I somewhat followed the steps in Martha Stewart's Felt Puppy Ears Tutorial, except I didn't go into as much detail.  My sister and her husband were so kind to help me assemble the ears that I had cut out of the felt.  I think they came out cute.  Though, only my daughter and mother-in-law ended up wearing them!


The kids had a great time playing with The Happy's.  Some of the younger kids, though, were a little scared when the pets would chase them!
They're trying to escape!

The Happy's move pretty fast and you can't predict which way they'll go.   One minute they're chasing their tail and next thing you know they're coming after you!


But, they can be really cute and sweet, too.


We had a great time playing with The Happy's.  Thanks to Cepia, LLC and MomSelect for sponsoring the party!  The Happy's are available for purchase now at Toys 'R Us, Walmart, Target, Justice and Radio Shack.

Visit their website: http://www.the-happys.com/

Do The Happy's Dance!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!